Monday, September 10, 2012

Open-faced Peach (Nectarine) Stuffed Pork Chops

My "stuffed" version of these pork chops.
See the toothpicks?  Pain in the butt, skip 'em and
make them open-faced.
So, awhile back I was watching Food Network's Paula Deen show.  She was doing a recipe for Peach Stuffed Porkchops.  I really liked the look of them, but there are a few ingredients (cheese) that I'm not too keen on.  But I like the idea and thought I'd mess around with the recipe a bit.

Boy did they turn out great!  Now, there's a little disclaimer here: I put "open-faced" in the title, but the picture is of a stuffed pork chop.  I believe the next time I make this I will do them open-faced, because to close them up, it's pretty, but it is messy and takes longer.

So, without further ado, I give you....

Open-Faced Peach (Nectarine) Stuffed Pork Chops


  • 6 butterflied (if stuffing) or regular 1" thick pork chops.
  • 1 package Chicken Apple Sausage (this is what I used) with skins removed.
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried tarragon.
  • 2 nectarines (cause the recipe says to peel the peaches...like, who has time for that? But if you'd like, use peaches and peel them.)  cut into small bite-sized pieces.
  • Pepper & salt (to taste).


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Prepare a casserole dish (spray it or oil it up).

In a skillet over med-high heat, add oil and saute the chicken sausage till crumbled into small pieces (which is the hardest part of this recipe, since chicken sticks together pretty good).  Once complete, add the peaches/nectarines and tarragon.

(if stuffing, please follow Paula's recipe from this point forward, if not stuffing - continue below.)

Toss the mixture from the skillet into a bowl.  Return the skillet to temperature and add a tad bit more oil.  Brown the chops (just super quick to brown them, so maybe 2 minutes per side) and place the chops from the skillet to the casserole dish.  Over-top, add the sausage/peach mixture and place in the oven.  Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.

Enjoy. (serves 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment