Saturday, April 18, 2020

Covidepression

It is a rainy Saturday.  It has been a rough week.  Social distancing is taking its toll. Even on this introvert.

After days and days of continuing on in this new normal, I feel the weight of "get up and get dressed; you'll feel better" pressing down on my psyche, making me feel worse about not doing just that.

Right now, there seems no point to it.  Why would I need or want to get up and get dressed when I am going nowhere?  I will see no one but my cat.

Even scrolling thru Instagram looking at new makeup isn't bringing me joy or inspiration. 

I'm coining this feeling of general idgaf apathy  "Covidepression" 
Because, this isn't normal depression.  This is situational depression at its finest, because it is effecting us all.  Well, a good portion of us anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment