|Beautiful sunset. Just because.|
Then suddenly going back to my part time that I was fuloughed from and having face-to-face contact with people on a multiple times per week schedule. Being able to go to the dentist again. Getting my mammogram in person. Going out to eat. Toilet paper back in stock.
But, all that said, I did accomplish quite a bit this year.
- narrated and produced an audiobook that debuted in December. In addition to reading that, I produced a second that has yet to debut.
- I also read and completed, for my own personal knowledge, 36 books. With an additional 6 that I abandoned because I got bored.
- I put puzzles together with my father and saw movies with him (all before lockdown).
- I've been mailing cards during the pandemic to people I care about. Sending sunshine to brighten days, while helping the post office.
- A new sushi place was revealed to me, and I've delighted in it ever since.
- In June 2020 I reached a milestone of 50 days where I meditated. And then in November, I reached 100 days of meditation.
- I was fortunate enough to celebrate (although, alone) my 20th year working for the State of North Carolina. That means I've been working for a total of 22 years of my 41 years on this earth. I've now worked half my life.
- The kitchen renovation was completed in February, right before covid hit. So, it was wonderful to have a kitchen again after not having it for 6 months. And just in time!
- Saw the Outter Banks for the first time, thanks to one of my favorite people, who decided to book her birthday trip there. I was so grateful to be invited to spend time with her and her friends.
- I went to my first ever haunted house this year with another of my favorite people.
- I was introduced to Szcheuan Hot Pot this year. So much fun!
- I have really honed my skills at creating weekly goals and habit trackers this
past 6 months.
- I honed my scone and spring roll recipes. And I have tested out my Instant Pot Vortex Oven/Fryer.
- I've played with new makeup color combinations this year. Most people seem bored senseless by this, so I've stopped posting my creations. But I still enjoy doing them and having fun.
- I completely changed my haircolor.
- I got my first Henna tattoo from a woman from Bangledesh. It was intricate, and a wonderfully soothing experience.
I have been, and continue to be, grateful for the people who have stuck by me this year. When it has been so easy for everyone to just hole up in their own covid-bubble worlds. The people who made time to talk to me, see me, and invest their time in me are so appreciated.
Mind you, there have been moments of saddness. To keep it real, there have been major disappointments in situations, people who were in my life, and myself. It's not all perfection. But, yearly, I celebrate the accomplishments. Not the failures, setbacks and disappointments. Those are for my personal blog. Just know they exist. So, if you're struggling - you're not alone.